[Gambas-user] Issue 362 in gambas: Gambas 3.3.3: Socket.RemoteHost returns an empty string

gambas at ...2524... gambas at ...2524...
Wed Dec 5 21:20:43 CET 2012

Owner: ----
Labels: Version Type-Bug Priority-Medium OpSys-Any Dist-Any Arch-Any
Desktop-Any GUI-Any

New issue 362 by aristide... at ...626...: Gambas 3.3.3: Socket.RemoteHost
returns an empty string
http://code.google.com/p/gambas/issues/detail?id=362

1) Even in the gb.net sample code Socket.RemoteHost returns an empty string
    (in the Server Socket example), when the Server Socket connection arrives
    we know the other peer IP address because is a parameter when the event
    is fired.
    But, when the ServerSocket accepts the connection, it returns a
    Socket Object. And "here is the problem"
    Socket.RemoteHost returns an empty string

2) [System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=3.2.0-33-generic
Architecture=x86_64
Memory=8088988 kB
DistributionVendor=Ubuntu
DistributionRelease="Ubuntu 12.04 LTS"
Desktop=Gnome

[Gambas 3]
Version=3.3.3
Path=/usr/bin/gbx3

[Libraries]
Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.8.1
GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2400.10

3) Test the ServerSocket project in the Samples folder provided with Gambas

4) No databases

5) Start the project, select any port and make it listen.
    open a telnet connection to that port
    (In my system) i get the following
    Connection request from : 127.0.0.1
    Connection from :0 accepted (local port 0)
    -- Client working --
    the client connects the 127.0.0.1 comes from de event parameter, but in
    the second line, [Connection from :0 accepted (local port 0)] the info
    comes from the Socket.RemoteHost:Socket.RemotePort info.

6) it would be great to solve this bug. but if you are busy with bigger
priority bugs
    i'll still be running my programs on Gambas2.
    thanx for your time and your efforts on doing our life comfortable whith
    GamBas!!!