[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 on Website Server

Tobias Boege taboege at ...626...
Wed Dec 5 17:26:55 CET 2012

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012, Rolf-Werner Eilert wrote:

> Am 05.12.2012 16:34, schrieb Jussi Lahtinen:
> >> If I want to build scripts with Gambas 3 on my website's server, how
> >> would you install Gambas 3 there: Downloading and compiling the source,
> >> or apt-get via Kendek's PPA?

> Just found it's 8.04, do you know if Gambas 3 will compile there anyway?
>
> Rolf

I remade our school's computer cabinet which ran 8.04, too, during summer
holidays because the software repositories are finally down for that LTS
(server) version - IIRC, the ubuntu users must help me out here.

Almost everything was too old there to install gambas3 from source (packages
didn't exist, of course) and couldn't be upgraded. If it is _at all_
possible to build all the dependencies for gambas3, you'd have to do it from
the packages' sources and I'm sure it will be a pain.

This is the conclusion I came to make. Maybe there are other ways but I
couldn't see them.

Regards,
Tobi