[Gambas-user] Shadow effects... please tell if you like it...

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Aug 24 13:23:17 CEST 2012

Le 24/08/2012 10:11, marco bra a écrit :
> 2012/8/23 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>

>> Gambas3_now_effects.png)

>>> The shadow is 3/4 pixel width and in this graphic is not applied to
>>> external area, i mean not on the record number then is not applied to the
>>> bottom and left side... to not create a button like effect in the area
>> with
>>> no grid i also made all the canvas little bit dark is like the dark part
>> of
>>> the shadow still to not create a not wanted raised button like effect.
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> Is the revision #5072 better for you?
>>

> Yes better but i still see the button effects on the browse area, i suggest
> you to:
> - always create the left shadow
> - always to not create the right and bottom shadow

Sorry, I don't understand the english of that last sentence.

> if you want sunken effects on data canvas area to control the browse of
> data we can already have the right and lower slidebar

Same remark...

> I know you want use shadow also to show to the user the end of data but
> personally i thing it conflict a bit with embossed effect you want to
> create to the data browsing area.
>
> So might be using different graphic effect to evidentiate the boundaries
> field column of data is better. Might be a color gradient on the data
> column can be better...
>
> I have an idea (see attached to show the top of and leftmost boundary of
> data) simply with some one pixel colored line...

Mmm, no color thanks. It depends too much on the desktop color theme.

> Hope this helps
> Marco

*You* see a button effect. *I* don't see it. It's just a matter of how
your brain and my brain interpret an optic illusion.

The shadow means that the GridView inner pass "under" the headers.
Something like that:

          (1)                      (2)
          ------      (3)       ------
               .=--------------=.
              /  _            _  \
           |  | / \          / \ |  |
           |  \___/          \___/  |
           \                        /

(1) Left border
(2) Right border
(3) Inner canvas

The equal signs is the shadow.

"No shadow" means that we are at one end of the "roller".

I need more testimonies to know if you are the only one that don't see
the inner inside the borders but outside. Otherwise I can't take a decision.

--
Benoît Minisini