[Gambas-user] Shadow effects... please tell if you like it...

marco bra marcobra.ubuntu at ...626...
Fri Aug 24 10:11:57 CEST 2012

2012/8/23 Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>

> Le 23/08/2012 17:13, marco bra a écrit :

> Gambas3_now_effects.png)

> >> The shadow is smaller, that's it?
> >>

> > The shadow is 3/4 pixel width and in this graphic is not applied to
> > external area, i mean not on the record number then is not applied to the
> > bottom and left side... to not create a button like effect in the area
> with
> > no grid i also made all the canvas little bit dark is like the dark part
> of
> > the shadow still to not create a not wanted raised button like effect.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Is the revision #5072 better for you?

Yes better but i still see the button effects on the browse area, i suggest
you to:
- always create the left shadow
- always to not create the right and bottom shadow
if you want sunken effects on data canvas area to control the browse of
data we can already have the right and lower slidebar

I know you want use shadow also to show to the user the end of data but
personally i thing it conflict a bit with embossed effect you want to
create to the data browsing area.

So might be using different graphic effect to evidentiate the boundaries
field column of data is better. Might be a color gradient on the data
column can be better...

I have an idea (see attached to show the top of and leftmost boundary of
data) simply with some one pixel colored line...

Hope this helps
Marco