[Gambas-user] Gambas 3.1 and Exec (Bug or NOT?)

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Apr 12 01:54:29 CEST 2012

Le 12/04/2012 01:22, Willy Raets a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> I have this library that worked fine using Gambas 3.0
> I have upgraded to Gambas 3.1 (PPA Kendek)
>
> Since then the library doesn't function anymore.
>
> Problem seems to be Exec.
> I Gambas 3.0 when using Exec and the command is not on the PC that is no
> problem.
> Is use Exec to output to a string and then test the length of the string
> If length is zero the command is not present.
>
> But with Gambas 3.1 it is a problem as application won't run it
> "Cannnot run child process: Cannot exec program: Success in SysInfo 11"
>
> Project attached.
> First test is kwin, so if you have kwin on your system I expect the
> application to work. I don't have kwin that is why it fails I guess
>
> Is this meant to be or is this a bug?
>
> [System]
> OperatingSystem=Linux
> Kernel=2.6.35-32-generic
> Architecture=i686
> Memory=2051620 kB
> DistributionVendor=Ubuntu
> DistributionRelease="Ubuntu 10.10"
> Desktop=Gnome
>
> [Gambas 2]
> Version=2.24.0
> Path=/usr/bin/gbx2
>
> [Gambas 3]
> Version=3.1.0
> Path=/usr/bin/gbx3
>
> [Libraries]
> Qt4=libQtCore.so.4.7.0
> GTK+=libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.2200.0

The bug was in Gambas 3.0. Now, in Gambas 3.1, if you try to run a
program that does not exist, you get an error.

Normally you should get that error message:

"Cannot run child process: cannot exec program: Resource temporarily
unavailable in SysInfo:11"

I don't really understand why you get "Success" instead.

Benoît Minisini