[Gambas-user] Gambas 3.1 and Exec (Bug or NOT?)

Willy Raets willy at ...2734...
Thu Apr 12 01:22:29 CEST 2012

Hello all,

I have this library that worked fine using Gambas 3.0
I have upgraded to Gambas 3.1 (PPA Kendek)

Since then the library doesn't function anymore.

Problem seems to be Exec.
I Gambas 3.0 when using Exec and the command is not on the PC that is no
problem.
Is use Exec to output to a string and then test the length of the string
If length is zero the command is not present.

But with Gambas 3.1 it is a problem as application won't run it
"Cannnot run child process: Cannot exec program: Success in SysInfo 11"

Project attached.
First test is kwin, so if you have kwin on your system I expect the
application to work. I don't have kwin that is why it fails I guess

Is this meant to be or is this a bug?

[System]
OperatingSystem=Linux
Kernel=2.6.35-32-generic