[Gambas-user] Starnge with DB and IF

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Sep 25 20:00:19 CEST 2011

> Thank you, Benoit.
>
> It is really strange, and I have not seen such a behaviour bevor - I get
> the whole lenght of the field in the variable, so if the content is
> "Header", I get
> "Header....................................................................
> ..........". That is the reason why the IF did not work. I can help myself
> for the moment, just using TRIM, then it works. I have a lot of other
> things to program right now, but perhaps we should come back to this, I
> would call it MySQL Issue.
>
> Thanks again, and regards
> Dag-Jarle

It may be an issue with the gb.db.mysql driver. As I have often said, if you
access a mysql database from Gambas that was not created Gambas, you may get
some quirks. Normally everything works, but MySql being a moving target,
sometimes a bug arises.

By knowing which version of MySql you use, and by reproducing the problem, I
will be able to fix it.

Benoît Minisini