[Gambas-user] problems running component gb.net.smtp

robotop eficara at ...626...
Tue Sep 6 20:07:05 CEST 2011

robotop wrote:

> Thank you, I supposed something similar, but was confused by the fact that
> some dots are sent exacly as dots and others are padded with the equal
> sign, so what's the rule ? Now, I will immediatly load the specs for the
> quoted-printable mail format and learn (what I missed to do before).
> Another question: is there a way to force the gb.net.smtp to use a
> different format that simply uses (without any encoding) the standard 7
> bits ascii set ? Thank you again for your kindness and patience.

After reading the specs, the quoted-printable is the right format for my
purposes, but the rule is that every printable character is represented by
itself as in the following text copied from the specs:
"All printable ASCII characters (decimal values between 33 and 126) may be
represented by themselves, except "=" (decimal 61)."
So, the dot, being printable and different from decimal 61, doesn't need for
any translation, in my opinion.
Do you agreed ?