[Gambas-user] Database manager - gambas2 vs gambas3 - questions

Bruce Bruen bbruen at ...2308...
Sun Oct 2 00:27:03 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-01 at 23:58 +0200, Benoît Minisini wrote:

> > On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 12:37 +0930, Bruce Bruen wrote:
> > > 1) In gambas2, I could get the database manager to "Make gambas code"
> > > which was very handy, I can't find this feature in gambas3.  Is it
> > > removed?
>
> More exactly, I had never enough time to make it again. And as I don't use
> it... Maybe for Gambas 3.1 ?

OK, I'll wait.

> > > 2) In the gambas2 database manager I can expand the height of a row in
> > > the data view,  I can't seem to do this in the gambas3 version.  Is this
> > > intentional?
>
> Yes, because I had a problem with automatic row height resizing and
> performances. But I'm not 100% sure than preventing rows to be resized is
> related to that.
>
> But normally, if the current selected row should automatically fits its
> contents.

That works sometimes.  Other times I get the problem in the attached
picture.

> > > 3) In the gambas3 version there is a button "Copy field list", this does
> > > not appear to do anything (that I can see). What is it's purpose?
> > > regards
>
> It copied the list of fields into the clipboard.

Hmm.  Nothing gets put in the clipboard.  May be a LXDE thing.  I'll
investigate further.

> > 4) In gambas 3, I can only have one table or a single sql pane open at a
> > time.  I gambas2, I could have lots.
> >

> I agree, the Gambas 3 database manager may not be as practical as the Gambas 2
> one in some places.
>
> I plan (later) to allow to save sql requests and they will appear inside the
> the table list. Or something like that. So that we can deal with many SQL
> requests at the same time easily.

OK, but I have more a need to browse related table data. No big problem
for postgres with pgadmin3, but the gambas2 database manager was more
handy than the mysql and sqlite utilities.

Bruce