[Gambas-user] Database manager - gambas2 vs gambas3 - questions

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Oct 1 23:58:49 CEST 2011

> On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 12:37 +0930, Bruce Bruen wrote:
> > 1) In gambas2, I could get the database manager to "Make gambas code"
> > which was very handy, I can't find this feature in gambas3.  Is it
> > removed?

More exactly, I had never enough time to make it again. And as I don't use
it... Maybe for Gambas 3.1 ?

> > 2) In the gambas2 database manager I can expand the height of a row in
> > the data view,  I can't seem to do this in the gambas3 version.  Is this
> > intentional?

Yes, because I had a problem with automatic row height resizing and
performances. But I'm not 100% sure than preventing rows to be resized is
related to that.

But normally, if the current selected row should automatically fits its
contents.

> > 3) In the gambas3 version there is a button "Copy field list", this does
> > not appear to do anything (that I can see). What is it's purpose?
> > regards

It copied the list of fields into the clipboard.

> 4) In gambas 3, I can only have one table or a single sql pane open at a
> time.  I gambas2, I could have lots.

I agree, the Gambas 3 database manager may not be as practical as the Gambas 2
one in some places.

I plan (later) to allow to save sql requests and they will appear inside the
the table list. Or something like that. So that we can deal with many SQL
requests at the same time easily.

Benoît Minisini