[Gambas-user] Seg fault, rev 3903, odbc db selecting... how to...

Ricardo Díaz Martín oceanosoftlapalma at ...626...
Thu Jun 30 09:46:18 CEST 2011

Caveat,

After my last post, I was trying to connect to mdb file using ODBC in Ubuntu
11.04. I can connet using isql with no problems (connection is ok and I can
exec some basics "select").

You got a mistake in the code above. Try:

 PRIVATE myDB as NEW Connection
 WITH myDB
   .Type = "odbc"
   .Host = "PutHereTheNameOfTheDatabaseDSN"   '<- the name from
/etc/odbc.ini whitout [ ]. In my obc.ini example, I have to put test
   .Login = "Admin" ' <- It's necesary. Don't be in blank
   .Name = ""   '-> in odbc keep always in blank
 END WITH

 TRY myDB.Open

An example of a odbc.ini to a mdb file

[test]
Description = TestDatabase
Driver = /usr/lib/libmdbodbc.so.0
Database = /home/ricardo.diaz/Escritorio/EstudiosEconomicosAuxiliares.mdb

I can connect to mdb file using ODBC from gambas3 but I get no data when I
exec any sql sentences. I think it's some problem with libmdbodbc because
from openoffice base I can connect but after I can't see any tables in the
schema. More tests with other odbc databases drivers are necessary.

Regards,