[Gambas-user] Help to make on the fly pointer to various result sets

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Wed Apr 13 02:19:35 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 13 April 2011 09:51:05 Jeff Halverson wrote:
> I have something that is puzzling me that seems easy to do, but I can't
> figure it out...  I was hoping somebody might be able to help.
>
> If I have the following available from a resultset:
>
> DataSummary!InvestmentName
> DataSummary!BrokerName
> DataSummary!ManagementCompanyName
> DataSummary!RegionName
>
> And I want to be able to use each of those fields above in a function,
> such as the example below:

> IF TextToSearchFor = DataSummary!RegionName THEN
>     ' Do a bunch of stuff
> END IF
Not sure what your problem is as the lines above this should work fine as long
as the database field data is text,  can you describe what happens when you try
this to give us more clues?

Regards

Richard