[Gambas-user] Help to make on the fly pointer to various result sets

Jeff Halverson j-halverson at ...2576...
Wed Apr 13 01:51:05 CEST 2011

I have something that is puzzling me that seems easy to do, but I can't
figure it out...  I was hoping somebody might be able to help.

If I have the following available from a resultset:

DataSummary!InvestmentName
DataSummary!BrokerName
DataSummary!ManagementCompanyName
DataSummary!RegionName

And I want to be able to use each of those fields above in a function,
such as the example below:

IF TextToSearchFor = DataSummary!RegionName THEN
    ' Do a bunch of stuff
END IF

Is there a way to replace the "DataSummary!RegionName" within the
function with a variable that will evaluate to the resultset value?
Maybe something like:

FieldToSearchFor = "DataSummary!RegionName"
IF TextToSearchFor = Evaluate(FieldToSearchFor) THEN
    ' Do a bunch of stuff
END IF

Obviously the above doesn't work, but is there some means in Gambas to
achieve this result?

Any help is greatly appreciately.

Jeff H
Tokyo