[Gambas-user] Callbacks in Gambas (was Re: Signal management)

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Wed Jul 14 20:11:30 CEST 2010

> Charlie Reinl ha scritto:
> > Salut,
> >
> > for svn, you can also go to "gambas homepage", click on "Browse Source
> > code"
> > or direct to http://gambas.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gambas/?view=tar
> > and there go to trunk and use "Download GNU tarball"
>
> Thank you - downloading now. Hope this is the right one! (revision
> #3040) :-)
> Well... it's *huge*...
>
> @Benoit:

> >> Sorry, but you have to install svn, qt4, and all the development tools
> >> and package. This is explained on the wiki at the "compilation&
> >> installation" page. Logically, unless you have a very old distribution,
> >> all "stable" packages will be sufficient, and there is no reason you
> >> mess up your machine.
> >>
> >> I can't say more without knowing your distribution.
>
> About the distribution, I use Debian stable (which should have libtool
> 1.5.x and gtk 2.12.x). You see that it does not meet the requirements. I
> know that Debian is a little behind but, you know... you can't command
> to your heart...
>
> About my machine, every time I upgrade the x11 server I must poke again
> the configuration by hand, for example.
>
> Just now I am reading that for gambas3 it is no more required to
> downgrade libtool. But you see, when conflicts rise for several
> tools/libraries, one can get mad. This is why normally I prefer to stick
> to stable distributions - this euphoria about the "latest version" of
> everything makes me remember the windoze world where, for every problem
> one can report to someone else, the invariant response is "did you
> install the latest drivers? Service packs? Reinstall everything". Umph!
> I enjoyed some of my machines for years without upgrading anything.
> Seriously, someone around (not necessarily you, Benoit) should re-think
> a few things. Ok, let's go and see...
>
> Regards,
> Doriano

No, libtool 2.x is mandatory now, to compile both version of Gambas. Your GTK+
version should be enough, but I'm not sure (GTK+ is a moving unfinished
target!)

Benoît Minisini