[Gambas-user] Callbacks in Gambas (was Re: Signal management)

Wed Jul 14 20:06:10 CEST 2010

Charlie Reinl ha scritto:
> Salut,
>
> for svn, you can also go to "gambas homepage", click on "Browse Source
> code"
> or direct to http://gambas.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/gambas/?view=tar
> and there go to trunk and use "Download GNU tarball"

Thank you - downloading now. Hope this is the right one! (revision
#3040) :-)
Well... it's *huge*...

@Benoit:

>>> I must download this last revision of gambas, and compile it. I never
>>> tried to do it. How do I download it? Possibly without SVN? Can it work
>>> without QT4? I would prefer not to mess up my machine... (fanatic of
>>> "stable" repositories...).
>>>

>> Sorry, but you have to install svn, qt4, and all the development tools and
>> package. This is explained on the wiki at the "compilation&  installation"
>> page. Logically, unless you have a very old distribution, all "stable"
>> packages will be sufficient, and there is no reason you mess up your machine.
>>
>> I can't say more without knowing your distribution.

About the distribution, I use Debian stable (which should have libtool
1.5.x and gtk 2.12.x). You see that it does not meet the requirements. I
know that Debian is a little behind but, you know... you can't command
to your heart...

About my machine, every time I upgrade the x11 server I must poke again
the configuration by hand, for example.

Just now I am reading that for gambas3 it is no more required to
downgrade libtool. But you see, when conflicts rise for several
tools/libraries, one can get mad. This is why normally I prefer to stick
to stable distributions - this euphoria about the "latest version" of
everything makes me remember the windoze world where, for every problem
one can report to someone else, the invariant response is "did you
install the latest drivers? Service packs? Reinstall everything". Umph!
I enjoyed some of my machines for years without upgrading anything.
Seriously, someone around (not necessarily you, Benoit) should re-think
a few things. Ok, let's go and see...

Regards,
Doriano