[Gambas-user] Gambas 3 GTK+ Keystroke Problem

Michael mdavies5 at ...169...
Thu Dec 9 08:09:37 CET 2010

In 30 years of programming I have just found the most peculiar problem.
I have an app with several text boxes. None of the text boxes will
accept the character 'o'. They will accept 'SHIFT-O' but they will not
accept an upper case O if the the caps lock key is active. Here are a
few facts:
1. All the text boxes are standard, visible, enabled and NOT readonly.
2. They will accept all other keystrokes
3. The same app in Gambas 2 has no problems.
4. If I change my library from GTK+ to QT4 there is no problem.
5. My 'o' key works fine in all other applications.
6. If I start a new Gambas 3 app and add a text box then it will accept
the 'o'.
7. Problem is in IDE and runtime.
8. If I monitor _KeyRelease it correctly reports Key.Code 79 but nothing
appears in text box.
9. If I add code to key_release such as "txtBox.Text = txtBox.Text &
Key.Text then it will work but this is impractical.
I know this must sound ridiculous but any ideas :)
PS Also just tested activating Caps Lock and using SHIFT-o. It works, so
it is a work around to get a lower case in the textbox.
Regards
Michael