[Gambas-user] Where do put translation package for a gambas application (specifically IDE)?

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sun Apr 11 14:51:46 CEST 2010

> Hello to all.
>
> I'm continuing the pt_BR translation of Gambas3 IDE, but I'm having a
> problem.
>
> I'm using lokalize (old kbabel) to translate the potfile, but I don't know
> how "integrate" the translation into gambas IDE. I recreated the .mo file
> and recompiled gambas3.gambas, but it continues in English lang.
>
> The envronment variables (LC_* and LANG) are ok (pt_BR.UTF-8).
>
> What is the language structure of a gambas application? Where must I put
> the .mo file? Something like locale/<lang>/LC_MESSAGES/ ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> And sorry my bad English :-)

You should use the translation dialog of the IDE to translate the IDE. In
Gambas 3, you have a tab in this dialog to import a *.po file.

The language structure of a gambas application is that:

- Every *.po and their *.mo file are stored inside the project ".lang"
directory.

- When creating an executable, all *.mo files are stored in it, not the *.po
file.

- When running the program, a standard translation directory is created in
the program ends.

Benoît Minisini