[Gambas-user] How to force Gambas to use a specific language?

Ron ron at ...1740...
Fri Oct 30 17:35:25 CET 2009

Emilien Klein wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to test a translation file in Hebrew, because it is a right
> to left (RTL) language and I want to see if everything works OK with
> RTL.
> I found the following post:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gambas-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg03134.html
> Same as http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=39705.81.245.220.223.1236591215.squirrel%40webmail.priorweb.be
>
> According to this post, it should be possible to force Gambas to start
> with a specific language, but I have not been able to do it myself.
> How do you pass this language argument? (everything I try results in
> Gambas telling me that I am not passing a valid project...)
>
> So I also tried using
> System.Language = "de_DE"
>

> Thanks,
> Emilien Klein.

Hi,

I don't know about Hebrew, but is this working to start with:

System.Language = "de_DE.UTF-8"

ie. specify the encoding too.

You have to install the language you want to use too:

For instance the German one:

$ sudo aptitude install language-pack-de-base

language-pack-he and language-pack-he-base
are for Hebrew.

Couldn't find out which System.Language string you need with that...

Kind regards,
Ron_2nd.