[Gambas-user] How to force Gambas to use a specific language?

Emilien Klein emilien+gambas at ...2315...
Fri Oct 30 17:13:44 CET 2009

Hi all,

I wanted to test a translation file in Hebrew, because it is a right
to left (RTL) language and I want to see if everything works OK with
RTL.
I found the following post:
http://www.mail-archive.com/gambas-user@lists.sourceforge.net/msg03134.html
Same as http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_name=39705.81.245.220.223.1236591215.squirrel%40webmail.priorweb.be

According to this post, it should be possible to force Gambas to start
with a specific language, but I have not been able to do it myself.
How do you pass this language argument? (everything I try results in
Gambas telling me that I am not passing a valid project...)

So I also tried using
System.Language = "de_DE"

But then I receive an error message telling me that the locale is not
installed (sorry, I'm not at my devel computer so can't give you the
exact error message)

Anyway, how can I force Gambas to use Hebrew? I have now been forced
to install all the localization files just to test this out! (and
according to the previous message, that's exactly what would be
possible to prevent: "It is a little bit more comfortable than to
multi-boot Linux systems with other languages installed, just to check
the languages as developer...") Because this is for Hebrew, but I'd
like to be able to test that for all our languages at least once
before shipping a new release, and installing ALL those locales
wouldn't be a "partie de plaisir" ;)

Concerning the version: I am using the latest available in Ubuntu
repos for 9.04 (so I guess 2.8.2, but I'm not at my dev machine right now), but
Guido uses the latest from the Ubuntu PPA, which should be the actual
latest release?

Thanks,
Emilien Klein.