[Gambas-user] make Label background from Database field

Mon Oct 19 10:34:33 CEST 2009

Kad Mann ha scritto:
> On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 14:00 +0200, Doriano Blengino wrote:
>
>> Kad Mann ha scritto:

>>> Of course, the point is, I didn't ask for the features. Did I? I asked
>>> is the limitation by design, are there plans to change it, and is there
>>> a workaround.
>>>

>> You are very precise... so I will do too. I didn't say *you* asked for
>> features (did I?). Nevertheless you was talking about features...
>>

> Then why did you bring up my question in the first place?about it

Because it was in-topic and because it seemed to me that you did'nt get
the original intentions. And about features, you did'nt ask for them,
and I did'nt say you asked for them. But to be aware of a limitation is
halfway to ask for those limitations to be removed - unless you say that
limitations are a good thing.

>>> Besides, do you feel it is unreasonable for someone to want "a box used
>>> to show the contents of a Field or edit it", a data-bound control
>>> intended to save programming time, to have similar functionality to a
>>> TextBox?
>>>

>> No.

>>> So, who do you believe might not be a real programmer?
>>>

>> Are you expecting I say "you"? No. I don't know who you are, and even if
>> I don't agree with you, I can not say you are not a real programmer.
>>

> Are outright insults like that permitted on a mailing list like this
> one?
>

>> Hey guy, keep it cool.
>>

> Yet you had to resort to insults.

I did'nt insult anyone in this list - never. Even taking my words the
worst possible way, at the point where I expressed a judgment on your
ideas (just *some* of your ideas), I did not judged you - this is why I
don't believe I had insulted you.
Anyway, if you feel insulted, let me say it was not my intention. I
would feel very stupid by insulting someone I not even know, just basing
on a few 'technical' words he could had say. I hope we will have further
occasions to understand each other, if you want.

Regards,
Doriano