[Gambas-user] make Label background from Database field

Kad Mann nospam.nospam.nospam at ...626...
Sun Oct 18 22:45:31 CEST 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 14:00 +0200, Doriano Blengino wrote:
> Kad Mann ha scritto:

> >> True, and neither Vassilis asked you something... you can't understand
> >> him, but I can understand you. In one of your last mail you noticed that
> >> data controls don't have all the properties as other textboxes, such
> >> alignment and so on. Be prepared for other surprises. Everybody would
> >> love to have controls with lots of properties in order to do everything
> >> you want, but this is impossible (can you believe it? Once you have put
> >> 100 properties in a control, you will find someone asking for the #101).
> >>

> > Of course, the point is, I didn't ask for the features. Did I? I asked
> > is the limitation by design, are there plans to change it, and is there
> > a workaround.
> >
> You are very precise... so I will do too. I didn't say *you* asked for
> features (did I?). Nevertheless you was talking about features...

Then why did you bring up my question in the first place?about it

> > Besides, do you feel it is unreasonable for someone to want "a box used
> > to show the contents of a Field or edit it", a data-bound control
> > intended to save programming time, to have similar functionality to a
> > TextBox?
> >
> No.
> >
> >> Real programmers prefer to do things their way, with few versatile
> >> mechanisms.
> >>

> > So, who do you believe might not be a real programmer?
> >
> Are you expecting I say "you"? No. I don't know who you are, and even if
> I don't agree with you, I can not say you are not a real programmer.

Are outright insults like that permitted on a mailing list like this
one?

> Hey guy, keep it cool.

Yet you had to resort to insults.