[Gambas-user] Possible Search bug - Gambas 2.8

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Nov 12 17:30:54 CET 2009

> I know this is an older version but my issue may still be present.
>
> I did a search for four spaces. I used the F3 key to jump to the next
>  Finds.
>
> All the hits were part of tabs on the left side of the page until I came
> to a comment. The search showed up the four spaces before the
> apostrophe. Then another F3 highlighted the first four characters of the
> comment and another F3 highlighted the next four characters of the
> comment and so forth.
>
> I searched through three sets of source code and the behaviour was
> present in all.
>
> Reproduce:
>
> 1. Search for one or more spaces a few lines before a tabbed comment.
> 2. Press F3 continuously.
> 3. The search will highlight the space(s) before the comment.
> 4. Subsequent F3s will highlight the comment block by block.

Yes, this is stupid bug still present in Gambas 2 and Gambas 3. When
searching, ignored characters (strings or comments, depending on the search
option) are just replaced by spaces. So searching for spaces matches them!

Fixing that is not immediate, so you should be patient.

Benoît Minisini