[Gambas-user] Make Installation Package Failure

Steven Herbert steven.herbert at ...2321...
Tue Nov 10 15:38:30 CET 2009

Good Morning:

Not sure whether this is a bug or I have failed to do something
correctly.  If there is an link to solve this problem please forgive me
and direct me to the appropriate link. - thanks

I am using Gambas 2.13 on Ubuntu 9.10

As an investigation project to Gambas' viability, I built a very  small
project to simply exec a series of CLI commands.

************************ Commands **************************************
PUBLIC SUB FileView1_Click()

  sFile = sConfig[iTask] & FileView1.Current
  Frame1.Visible = FALSE

  SELECT CASE iTask
    CASE MOVIE_DIR
         EXEC ["smplayer", "-fullscreen", "-close-at-end", sFile]
    CASE BOOK_DIR
      EXEC ["evince", sFile]

    CASE AUDIO_DIR
    EXEC ["smplayer", "-close-at-end", sFile]

  END SELECT

END
***************************** Command *********************************

there is a simple GUI surrounding this.  ( I know I did not allow for
error conditions.  My goal is to determine viability of a development
platform for the MID)

I built this small application and created and Installation package and
moved the installation package to a Mobile Internet Device (Kernel
2.6.24.7) and attempted and allowed Installer to do its thing.

However the installation failed with the following errors:

gambas2: Depends: gambas2-gb-chart (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it is not
going to be installed
           Depends: gambas2-gb-db-firebird (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it
is not going to be installed
           Depends: gambas2-gb-db-form (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it is
not going to be installed
           Depends: gambas2-gb-db-mysql (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it is
not going to be installed
           Depends: gambas2-gb-db-postgresql (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it
is not going to be installed
           Depends: gambas2-gb-db-odbc (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it is
not going to be installed
           Depends: gambas2-gb-db-sqlite (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it is
not going to be installed or
                    gambas2-gb-db-sqlite2 (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it is
not going to be installed
           Depends: gambas2-gb-desktop (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it is
not going to be installed
           Depends: gambas2-gb-form (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it is not
going to be installed
           Depends: gambas2-gb-form-dialog (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it
is not going to be installed
           Depends: gambas2-gb-form-mdi (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it is
not going to be installed
           Depends: gambas2-gb-gtk-ext (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it is
not going to be installed
           Depends: gambas2-gb-gui (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it is not
going to be installed
           Depends: gambas2-gb-report (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it is not
going to be installed
           Depends: gambas2-ide (>= 2.13.1-1ubuntu1) but it is not going
to be installed
E: Broken packages

I have yet to resolve this issue.  Due to limited Flash drive space I am
reluctant to have to install Gambas on the MID device.  Is there a
solution to this problem?

Best Regards,

Steven Herbert
Director Technical Services
Advanced Integrity Solutions
Cell: +1-250-574-8365
Fax: +1-403-770-8793
steven.herbert at ...2321...
www.skype.com/steven_herbert
Calgary, Canada

Check out our latest product
release:
http://www.advancedintsol.com/news/e-PIKE_product_info.pdf

Advanced Integrity Solutions Ltd. is a consulting company that brings IT
networks, database solutions, e-Learning, managed services and visitor
based networking together through innovative business practices, more
than 35 years experience in the IT and software industry and expert
experience in the field of training, service and support for IT clients
and users.

*** This email transmission contains confidential information which is
the property of the sender and if you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of
the contents of this e-mail transmission, or the taking of any action in
reliance thereon or pursuant thereto, is strictly prohibited. Should you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately to
arrange for the return of the documentation comprising this transmission