[Gambas-user] Possible Search bug - Gambas 2.8

A Person 9bv1tu2a at ...2320...
Tue Nov 10 05:21:47 CET 2009

I know this is an older version but my issue may still be present.

I did a search for four spaces. I used the F3 key to jump to the next Finds.

All the hits were part of tabs on the left side of the page until I came
to a comment. The search showed up the four spaces before the
apostrophe. Then another F3 highlighted the first four characters of the
comment and another F3 highlighted the next four characters of the
comment and so forth.

I searched through three sets of source code and the behaviour was
present in all.

Reproduce:

1. Search for one or more spaces a few lines before a tabbed comment.
2. Press F3 continuously.
3. The search will highlight the space(s) before the comment.
4. Subsequent F3s will highlight the comment block by block.