[Gambas-user] Please help with color problem!

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Mar 30 10:39:08 CEST 2009

> I have asked this before, but I cannot change colors on may controls like
> Textlabel, or Progressbar
>
> for example:
>
> ProgressBar1.ForeColor = Color.DarkGreen
>
> This does nothing the bar remains black this happens with many of my
> controls in Slackware 12.2 but not Ubuntu 8.1.
>
> BUT   ProgressBar1.BackColor = Color.DarkGreen does work.
>
> Although on TextLabel I can change forecolor but not backcolor.
>
> Why would that happen?  And how do I fix it?
>
> JB Skaggs

Do you use gb.qt or gb.gtk? Some bugs in the Foreground and Background
properties were fixed for gb.gtk in the 2.12 version.

Moreover, some Qt/Kde styles do not allow some changes in the color properties
of some controls. Try to change the style and see if the control behave the
same, and tell me the result.

Benoît