[Gambas-user] Gambas2 components?

dave L dglnz at ...43...
Tue Jan 13 08:55:10 CET 2009

Hi new to Gambas and have been browsing for other peoples components (3rd party).
not had too much luck in finding anything as yet.

I'm interested in finding out how to go about creating reusable components and how to install 3rd party ones.

Lastly is there a database component (ie one that you can set via properties from within the ide for the DB of choice?

have created a test project and said i wanted database components in it but looking at all of them there is no database component (something that allows you to say via properties to setup the connection strings)
with the others there looks like there is no visible property to connect the thing to a table or rdbms.

I'm thinking of what was/is available in the likes of Delhpi 3 where you had ....
    a database component
    a datasource
    grids and table views

thus the DB handled the link to into the db and datasource handled the link to a table with the db and the grid/views dblabels & db textboxes handled the display or entry into fields and db control manages the scrolling through the db records.

hope i can get some feed back,

regards,

dave.

      Easy recipes for Christmas entertaining on Yahoo!Xtra Lifestyle- http://nz.lifestyle.yahoo.com/food-recipes