[Gambas-user] local directorie structure in Source Archive?

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jan 12 15:41:21 CET 2009

On lundi 12 janvier 2009, wig wrote:
> In an open project: Make installation package;
>
>  Cannot make executable.
>  gba: ERROR: Cannot create temporary archive file:
> /home/wig/Upload/facs/executables/facs.gambas
>
> Indeed this directory does not exist.  Not on this machine.  This is a
> freshly installed Mandriva 2009, freshly installed Gambas2.
>
> I only downloaded the "Source Archive" made on another machine (Gambas
> 2.6).
>
> Does such a Source Archive contain "personal information" as local
> directories?
>
> I cannot see/reach it via the IDE (project, Properties)

Yes. When the IDE makes an executable, it uses the last path memorized in
the "make executable" dialog. So you should use "make an executable" and
specify a directory that exists on the new machine.

I admit that the packager should be more clever, and uses a location that
always exist, as it makes an executable only for making the package. But at
the moment the IDE makes no distinction between an executable that must be
put in a well-defined place, and an executable that is just temporary.

Benoit Minisini