[Gambas-user] License of Gambas Logo

Charles Capaday Charles.Capaday at ...2023...
Sat Feb 7 16:37:18 CET 2009

This a good conversation, I am only trying to help you to target novices to both Gambas and Linux, many perhaps most Gambas newcomers will not be up on Linux much. The important point is that Gambas and Linux are inextricably tied. So what I was suggesting is to in a page or two tell them what the GTK option, or the QT option are for and what 'just a graphical' project option is for (I suspect buy don't know for sure) that it is for a program that will run under all flavors of linux. My point about video, com etc was not to have a lengthy exposition of these simply you can have a section at the end on advanced features and tell the novice all the wonderful things he can do with some references to web sites/documents etc. on where to get more details. Anyway that's it...

A final but unrelated point that has been at the back of my mind for some time now, is there any possibility that Gambas will eventually be a completely compiled language (like, say, Power Basic for windows)? Perhaps the developers can answer this

                                                                        Cheers,

Dr. Charles Capaday
Professor & Director
Brain and Movement Lab.