[Gambas-user] License of Gambas Logo

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Sat Feb 7 18:13:44 CET 2009

On Saturday 07 February 2009 10:37, Charles Capaday wrote:
> A final but unrelated point that has been at the back of my mind for
> some time now, is there any possibility that Gambas will eventually be a
> completely compiled language (like, say, Power Basic for windows)?
> Perhaps the developers can answer this

While I'd love to see the Gambas interpreter and components available in a
statically linked form that could be embedded with a project into a
self-contained executable file (as with Tcl and Python), I really question
whether the performance increase produced by native code compilation would
be enough to justify dealing with all the issues it would cause.  The vast
majority of what Gambas does is calling external libraries which are
already native code.

Rob