[Gambas-user] License of Gambas Logo

Markus Mangold markusmangold at ...17...
Sat Feb 7 15:41:30 CET 2009

> Thanks for replying! It is good of you to take on this much needed
> project, Gambas is a wonderful programming language and the community seems to be
> very nice and very professional... Make sure you put in all the main
> features of what the language can do such a video, com port communication so that
> newcomer to the language and Linux can get a sense of what can be done.
> Also explain the different what GTk etc. are so that newcomers can understand
> the Linux foundation... As I will soon be moving to Denmark (DTU) I can
> certainly help with the translation.

Well, it will be a booklet about Gambas not about Linux. This could be the subject of another (beginners) booklet. Depending on the success of the booklet my plans are to create a series. There are a lot of more subjects (related to Open Source): Linux, Ubuntu, The BASH, Python, Game Development with Python/Pygame, Free Pascal/Lazarus and so on.
I think video and com port communication can't be the feature of a beginners booklet. One has to learn, what is a button, how does work a label, how work loops, variables and so on.
Your help with the translation is very appreciated, but the booklet will not be in Dansih, but in German... But first I will finish the German version, then start translating it and maybe then you can help me.

Best wishes,

Markus