[Gambas-user] Should i upgrade to gambas3

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Dec 31 17:45:36 CET 2009

> Hi.
> I m using ubuntu 9.04 and gambas 2.8 and i got this problems, pls help
>
> 1. There will be a run error if i select a shortcut for menu item, the
>  error read "The program has stopped unexpectedly by raising signal #11"
>  and no error once i removed the shortcut

Do you use gb.gtk or gb.qt? Can you provide your project? I guess the bug has
been fixed since, but Ubuntu is apparently unable to provide a Gambas package
older than the 2.8 version released sixteen months ago!

> 2. My window will also show the Minimised button even though i set the
> Border and the Minimised properties to False

Setting the Minimized property to False just tell the window to not be
minimized.

Anyway, you have the same problem as "Kadaitcha Man": the minimize button
cannot be removed.

And you cannot set the Border property to "False". The Border property in
Gambas 2 can take three different values: Border.None, Border.Fixed and
Border.Resizable.

If you set the Border property to Border.None, the window will not be managed
by the window manager, and so will have no border.

> 3. If i want to checked whether a textbox is empty, i currently have to
>  used this method  ( IF trim(txtUserName.text) <> "" then .... ) instead of
>  what was documented, which is thru using the IsBlank

Where did you see that? Did you read the documentation of the IsBlank()
function?

<< IF Trim(txtUserName.Text) <> "" THEN >> is the right way of checking if a
string is not empty. A faster way is writing << IF Trim(txtUserName.Text) THEN
>>.

Benoît Minisini