[Gambas-user] Should i upgrade to gambas3

cwyong1 yongchiaowoei at ...626...
Thu Dec 31 17:12:40 CET 2009

Hi.
I m using ubuntu 9.04 and gambas 2.8 and i got this problems, pls help

1. There will be a run error if i select a shortcut for menu item, the error
read "The program has stopped unexpectedly by raising signal #11" and no
error once i removed the shortcut

2. My window will also show the Minimised button even though i set the
Border and the Minimised properties to False

3. If i want to checked whether a textbox is empty, i currently have to used
this method  ( IF trim(txtUserName.text) <> "" then .... ) instead of what
was documented, which is thru using the IsBlank ( i did test this out but
found out that it will only report a textbox as empty or blank providing the
user press the space bar once ) and also the proposed method of directly
checking if a string is empty from the tip window is also not working

Pls advise, Thank you