[Gambas-user] Suggestion SQL object

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Sun Aug 9 23:43:41 CEST 2009

Doriano Blengino a écrit :
> Jean-Yves F. Barbier ha scritto:
>>> complex that endup over 80+ stored proc . sorry that I not sure about those
>>> programs that don't required much sql
>>>
>> Actually we don't play on the same ground: most of the projects I was involved
>> in used 400-4,000 stored procedures.
>>
> Dear Jean-Yves,
>
> do you mind to tell us what was your role in those gigantic frameworks?
> Were they a Panamerican Airlines booking system? And even so, I find

Chief of project (one of many) - Freight booking division.
Not PanAm: Air-France.

If the network is really gigantic (leased lines, phone lines, cables, satellites, ethernet...),
frameworks aren't (the data quantity is); you can easily have a more complex system
with a complete data management system (ie: Adempiere is far more complex.)

> your language extreme and offensive, as you knew everything. Nobody
> knows everything, so you may not know of other's needs. The methods one
> uses for big and complex programs are not well suited for little and
> simpler programs. But those simple programs are important too.

I felt the same from what he said and I don't pretend to know everything on anything
(but I also don't pretend to know nothing either:), I'm mad because he speaks about
things he obviously don't master or confond with other things I don't know about.
May be it is because I had the luck to work with and knew talentuous developpers in both
programming and DBs and learn a lot from them.

I also don't take a rise at "small" programs (huges are often made of smalls), I'm
talking about basic rules you can't drift from without going toward many disagrements:
it is not because you're buiding a small application that you will do it bad, no?!

> I could agree with some of your statements, but please be more gentle.
> Sometimes one sees stupid ideas, and only after a while he realizes that
> those ideas were not so stupid.

Yeah I know, but unfortunately I don't think we're into this particular case.

Sorry if you felt it offensive, it should have remained in MP, not public.

--
Quid me anxius sum?
[ What? Me, worry? ]