[Gambas-user] Suggestion SQL object

kobolds kobolds at ...2041...
Mon Aug 10 00:31:30 CEST 2009

Jean-Yves F. Barbier-2 wrote:

> Doriano Blengino a écrit :
>>>>
>>> Actually we don't play on the same ground: most of the projects I was
>>> involved
>>> in used 400-4,000 stored procedures.
>>>
>> Dear Jean-Yves,
>>
>> do you mind to tell us what was your role in those gigantic frameworks?
>> Were they a Panamerican Airlines booking system? And even so, I find
>
> Chief of project (one of many) - Freight booking division.
> Not PanAm: Air-France.
>
> If the network is really gigantic (leased lines, phone lines, cables,
> satellites, ethernet...),
> frameworks aren't (the data quantity is); you can easily have a more
> complex system
> with a complete data management system (ie: Adempiere is far more
> complex.)
>
>> your language extreme and offensive, as you knew everything. Nobody
>> knows everything, so you may not know of other's needs. The methods one
>> uses for big and complex programs are not well suited for little and
>> simpler programs. But those simple programs are important too.
>
> I felt the same from what he said and I don't pretend to know everything
> on anything
> (but I also don't pretend to know nothing either:), I'm mad because he
> speaks about
> things he obviously don't master or confond with other things I don't know
> about.
> May be it is because I had the luck to work with and knew talentuous
> developpers in both
> programming and DBs and learn a lot from them.
>
> I also don't take a rise at "small" programs (huges are often made of
> smalls), I'm
> talking about basic rules you can't drift from without going toward many
> disagrements:
> it is not because you're buiding a small application that you will do it
> bad, no?!
>
>> I could agree with some of your statements, but please be more gentle.
>> Sometimes one sees stupid ideas, and only after a while he realizes that
>> those ideas were not so stupid.
>
> Yeah I know, but unfortunately I don't think we're into this particular
> case.
>
> Sorry if you felt it offensive, it should have remained in MP, not public.
>
> --
> Quid me anxius sum?
> [ What? Me, worry? ]

can you people come back to main discussion about Query Object .

let me give  example of the benefit of query object
you create a query object call Qcustomer . in your program you can reuse to
call it using exec(Qcustomer, param1, param2)  .

- when you need to modify the sql , all you need is to open Qcustomer and
modify the sql code in it .
- when error happen , you can execute / run the Qcustomer alone with out
running your program . this make easy in debuging . also you can know for
sure the result return from the query.

of course all this you can manual do your self but why make life difficult .

so tell me what so stupid in this idea?