[Gambas-user] Gambas debugger and RAISE

Wed Sep 24 11:45:23 CEST 2008

Kari Laine ha scritto:

>> mystery

>> the

>> I suppose you see, sometimes, that stepping "into" a RAISE statement
>> does not have effect.
>> I think you see that because there is no gambas code devoted to handle
>> that particular event, so the debugger executes gambas internal code,
>>

> Hi Doriano,

You are the quickest email-replier in the world!
> And this object-oriented event raising stuff combined with observers and
> watchers and object.attach object.detach is a quite bit to learn. Especially
> when there is not enough examples.

I think that too. Sometimes you find, well hidden somewhere in the docs,
exactly what you need. But more links from a help page to another ("See
also..."), and some paper about two or three or four or five things
about gambas should be a big improvement. Sometimes I think I should
offer myself to do something about docs, but two reasons keep me from
doing that. First - I have almost no time; second, I am afraid to write
a lot of stupid things, because I don't know gambas so much and I am
biased toward other languages...

What remains is that gambas is the best RAD for linux, and in certain
aspects it is the best in the whole computer area. It is so sad to stay
at the window looking at someone else to aid this thing go on...

"It doesn't matter if everyday I'm getting fatter,
keep on eating lots of pizzas,
keep on coding using gambas..." :-))

Have a nice day,
Doriano Blengino