[Gambas-user] Gambas debugger and RAISE

Kari Laine klaine8 at ...626...
Wed Sep 24 11:16:28 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 11:40 AM, Doriano Blengino <
doriano.blengino at ...1909...> wrote:

> Kari Laine ha scritto:
> > On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Benoit Minisini <
> > gambas at ...1...> wrote:

> mystery
> the
> in

> >> Please be less vague, otherwise I can't help!
> >>
> I suppose you see, sometimes, that stepping "into" a RAISE statement
> does not have effect.
> I think you see that because there is no gambas code devoted to handle
> that particular event, so the debugger executes gambas internal code,
> which does not find any handler, and so goes on to the next statement.
>
> For example, you have a class "Class1" which at a certain point does
>
>    RAISE TestEvent
>
> If the instantiator of 'Class1 as "testClass"' does not have a
> testClass_testEvent() method, then stepping through "RAISE testEvent"
> will lead to nothing - similar to a void statement.

Hi Doriano,

THANKS A LOT !!
I didn't figure that out by myself - how stupid of me. So basically a target
for event does not have to exist. Somehow I had a fixation that Gambas
should complain...

But I am just a beginner with Gambas.
And this object-oriented event raising stuff combined with observers and
watchers and object.attach object.detach is a quite bit to learn. Especially
when there is not enough examples.

I am considering hiring me a tutor ... any idea how much that would cost :-)

Thanks again.

Best Regards
Kari Laine