[Gambas-user] Gambas debugger and RAISE

Wed Sep 24 10:40:02 CEST 2008

Kari Laine ha scritto:
> On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Benoit Minisini <
> gambas at ...1...> wrote:
>

>> On mardi 23 septembre 2008, Kari Laine wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am trying to understand gb.form and event-handling is still bit mystery
>>> to me. I have a question when single stepping through the source code the
>>> debugger doesn't seem to step into raised functions. Is it so or don't I
>>> understand something? Now actually trying it some more it seems to step
>>> into them sometimes and sometimes not. Could someone explain the logic in
>>> it - please ?
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>> Kari Laine
>>>
>> Please be less vague, otherwise I can't help!

I suppose you see, sometimes, that stepping "into" a RAISE statement
does not have effect.
I think you see that because there is no gambas code devoted to handle
that particular event, so the debugger executes gambas internal code,
which does not find any handler, and so goes on to the next statement.

For example, you have a class "Class1" which at a certain point does

    RAISE TestEvent

If the instantiator of 'Class1 as "testClass"' does not have a
testClass_testEvent() method, then stepping through "RAISE testEvent"
will lead to nothing - similar to a void statement.