[Gambas-user] Possible bug in Gambas

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Wed Oct 15 16:15:04 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 15 October 2008, Kari Laine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This a resend because it did not turn up on the list yesterday.
>

> I am making a backup program and I stumbled on problematic  file names.
> genisoimage don't like them and when I started to make a cleanup routine
> with Gambas it also don't like them.
> This is bit difficult to describe. First the error I get when trying to
> search "gen.zip" in console window is
>
> "This application has raised an unexpected error and must abort"
> "[32] Bad string conversion. FOutput.Search 302"
>

> The routine to print file-names to console window is this.
> ------------------
> PUBLIC SUB Button3_Click()
> DIM sDir2 AS String
> DIM sFile2 AS String
> sDir2 =
> "/home/kari/backup_work/cdroot/mnt/sde1/backup_kokeilu/kari14/vb_samples2/"
>      FOR EACH sFile2 IN Dir(sDir2, "*")
>      PRINT sFile2
>      NEXT
> END

> Sorry this is long.
> Contents of console window when searching causes error is:
>
> 12-20-24.07.01_H??ng-Men_setup.zip

What should stand on the ??, (welche buchstaben?)

You are reading a windows disk/mount and this is mount as iso8159(-15) character set
this is wrong for bare gambas.
you need characterset conversion like utf8 to get the correct text
or mount the windows disk as utf8 when posible.

In short, you have a characterset conversion problem.