[Gambas-user] Possible bug in Gambas

Kari Laine klaine8 at ...626...
Wed Oct 15 14:42:09 CEST 2008

Hi,

This a resend because it did not turn up on the list yesterday.

I am making a backup program and I stumbled on problematic  file names.
genisoimage don't like them and when I started to make a cleanup routine
with Gambas it also don't like them.
This is bit difficult to describe. First the error I get when trying to
search "gen.zip" in console window is

"This application has raised an unexpected error and must abort"
"[32] Bad string conversion. FOutput.Search 302"

The routine to print file-names to console window is this.
------------------
PUBLIC SUB Button3_Click()
DIM sDir2 AS String
DIM sFile2 AS String
sDir2 =
"/home/kari/backup_work/cdroot/mnt/sde1/backup_kokeilu/kari14/vb_samples2/"
     FOR EACH sFile2 IN Dir(sDir2, "*")
     PRINT sFile2
     NEXT
END

----------------

Sorry this is long.
Contents of console window when searching causes error is:

12-20-24.07.01_H??ng-Men_setup.zip
12-50-25.08.01_Progressbar.zip
20-21-05.02.01_Mathe.zip
15-44-16.08.02_CheckSum.bas