[Gambas-user] Possible bug in Gambas

Kari Laine klaine8 at ...626...
Wed Oct 15 17:06:21 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 5:15 PM, Ron_1st <ronstk at ...239...> wrote:

> What should stand on the ??, (welche buchstaben?)

My german is almost nonexistent. Those files were collected years back when
archiving usenet for good VB6 examples.

> You are reading a windows disk/mount and this is mount as iso8159(-15)
> character set
> this is wrong for bare gambas.
> you need characterset conversion like utf8 to get the correct text
> or mount the windows disk as utf8 when posible.
>
> In short, you have a characterset conversion problem.
>
> Hi Ron_1st,

Yep I know but shouldn't Gambas cope with it more nicely than just crash :-)

Those files ended up in Linux-filesystem by me copying them from Windows
NTFS-partition mounted without specifying charset.
As a brute force method I now made a filter which renames files to 7-bit
ascii. I would not want to do this but really don't understand what else I
could do.
I would like to support all locales with genisoimage. I don't really
understand how different locales work in Gambas. What functions are able to
handle UTF-8 in Gambas?
Any good web-sites where I could start learning things?

If I understand right those names are illegal in my locale because for
example ls|wc complains.

Any help highly appreciated

Best Regards
Kari Laine