[Gambas-user] compiling a programm on the console

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Nov 21 14:27:11 CET 2008

On vendredi 21 novembre 2008, gambas at ...1938... wrote:
> Hi Doriano!
>
> Surely Benoit could shed some light on this. ...at the moment, it's OK for
> me to know, that I had to open and store the old sources with the new
> version of the gambas IDE and than recompile on the target machine.
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Greetz
> Stevie

I don't understand all your story. I think you didn't give all the
information.

I just can tell you that:

- The "Version too old" message means that a class was compiled with a
compiler having an older bytecode version than the interpreter used for
running the class.

- "Make executable" in the IDE recompiles the project entirely before making
the archive.

- If you don't recompile all, then the compiler compiles only the source files
that are newer than their corresponding bytecode files.

Benoit Minisini