[Gambas-user] compiling a programm on the console

Fri Nov 21 14:41:37 CET 2008

Benoit Minisini ha scritto:
> - "Make executable" in the IDE recompiles the project entirely before making
> the archive.
>
> - If you don't recompile all, then the compiler compiles only the source files
> that are newer than their corresponding bytecode files.

A little out of topic, but a little related too.

I made several specialized controls, all in a component called Accounting.
When compiling, an option asks about installing this component in the
user home directory. Fine.

It seems that a compiled app, which uses these components, does not
include them - right? It searches for them... in which order?
/usr/share/gambas2/... && /usr/lib/gambas2/..., then ~/.local/...

So I copied my components in the system-wide store too (/usr/...)  to
let them be accessible  by every user.

Now, when launching the IDE to modify my app, it loads the system-wide
components instead of my local copy. So, if I modify my component, then
I must copy it again to the system-wide directories before going on with
my app...

Is this right? I think that the IDE, if not all applications, should
give precedence to the home directory, or the last-modified (more
up-to-date) component... or am I wrong?

Thanks, regards,

Doriano