[Gambas-user] SmtpClient issue

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Tue May 20 14:31:04 CEST 2008

On mardi 20 mai 2008, Ron wrote:
> Hi,
> Sending an email via the sub below results in:
>
> Signal #11 assertion
>
> Error: Server won't accept DATA command while sending headers (SMTP
> error code #554) -1 Mail.MailSend.11
>
> (process:6595): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_node_traverse: assertion `root !=
> NULL' failed
> (process:6595): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_node_destroy: assertion `root !=
> NULL' failed
>
> Is there something wrong with this code, or is my mail server to strict?
> I want to test with my providers e-mail server, to rule this out, but
> then I need authsmtp support, any chance this gets added to gb.net.smtp?
>
> Running Gambas 2.6, talking to postfix.
>
> Regards,
> Ron.
> ----
> PUBLIC SUB MailSend()
> DIM hMsg AS NEW SmtpClient
>
>   hMsg.To.Add("to at ...1912...")
>   hMsg.Subject = "My subject"
>   hMsg.Add("e-mail body...")
>   hMsg.From = "from at ...1912..."
>   hMsg.Host = "192.168.100.2"
>   hMsg.Send()
>
>   PRINT "Message sent."
>
> END
> ----

You are doing nothing wrong, any crash is a bug in the component. But
apprently the crash occurs after the SMTP error, so there is something
strange in this problem.

As I can't communicate with your SMTP server, you will have to locate the
crash yourself by following what is explained on the "Reporting a problem"
page of the web site.

I suggest that you compile Gambas from sources with the debugging information
if you don't succeed in getting a readable stack dump.

Benoit Minisini