[Gambas-user] Comment on split editor 2.99 (build 1164)

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Mar 28 08:04:08 CET 2008

On vendredi 28 mars 2008, richard terry wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:42:19 pm Robert Rowe wrote:
> I think it is a great feature - what's the point of having files on two
> different tabs when you want to be able to see both at the same time. - yet
> another example of making life harder
>
> I don't think the world is moving away from splits - take a look at any of
> the linux editor programs or file managers .
>
> The split feature (which Rob implemented) is very useful even in its
> embryonic form and in my opinion a necessary improvement.
>
> Regards
>
> Richard

If we add a button for just putting a read-only copy of the current editor to
the right of the workspace, would it be enough?

This way is fast to implement, and I don't have to enhance the gb.form.mdi
component!

--
Benoit Minisini