[Gambas-user] In search of two features

Kari Laine kari.laine at ...1400...
Fri Mar 7 20:50:28 CET 2008

Hi,

first I would like to see join command in Gambas. Command would join
array elements or collection elements to a string.

second, some kind of indexing for text boxes. I am making a billing
program and I have form with the following layout.

Product 				Amount

Tomatoes____________________________    ___7.30
Apples______________________________    ___5.30

There are 40 rows with textboxes. Let's call them product1 - product40
and amount1 - amount40.

How now store these products to a database where each row is one record.
I would like to use somekind of loop, like

db.open
rs = db.create("rows")
for counter = 1 to 40

if not empty mform.product[counter] then
	rs!product = mform.product[counter]
endif
if not empty mform.amount[counter] then
	rs!amount  = mform.amount[counter]
endif

rs.update

next

Naturally same problem is to get information from the database back to form.

Hopefully my explanation is understood.

Best Regards
Kari