[Gambas-user] Installing Gambas2 on PCLinuxOS 2007

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Tue Mar 4 02:06:38 CET 2008

On Monday 03 March 2008 19:20, Shawn McCuan wrote:
> *RPM build errors:
>     user schmoe does not exist - using root

These "user schmoe" errors are fine; I build my packages under an
account called "schmoe" on my laptop.

>     File not found:
> /var/tmp/gambas2-buildroot/usr/share/gambas2/icons File not found

This error will require a change to the spec file, so "rpm --rebuild"
won't work automatically.  Install the source RPM like this:

rpm -ivh gambas2-2.0.0-1rkmdv2007.1.src.rpm

Then edit /usr/src/rpm/SPECS/gambas2.spec and look for the line that
is just "/usr/share/gambas2/icons", and remove it.  This should be
line 226.  Save the file, and try to rebuild the RPM with

rpm -ba /usr/src/rpm/SPECS/gambas2.spec

> by glob:
> /var/tmp/gambas2-buildroot/usr/lib/gambas2/gb.desktop.*
>     File not found by glob:
> /var/tmp/gambas2-buildroot/usr/share/gambas2/info/gb.desktop.**

Unfortunately, this means the gb.desktop component didn't build, and I
think the IDE requires it at this point.  I don't know why it
wouldn't have given you errors during the compile, though.  My guess
would be that gb.desktop requires something I forgot to put in the
build requirements, and therefore the configure script disabled it.
I can't find where it checks for that requirement, though, and the
configure script should have still printed a warning.

Maybe install libice-devel and libxtst-devel?  (or possibly
libice6-devel and libxtst6-devel) They seem to be required by
gb.desktop but since they were already present on my system I missed
them in my build requirements.  You'll still have to remove that line
about the icons, though.

> Any suggestions?
> If it would be helpful, I could run rpm-build again and have it
> write the output to a text file so you can see the whole process...

Please do that, but send it to me directly, not to the list.  You'll
probably need to add 2>&1 to your rpm -ba line so that it includes
all the error messages generated during the compile.

Rob