[Gambas-user] Problem switching forms on embedded application

Benoit Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Jun 5 22:47:56 CEST 2008

On jeudi 05 juin 2008, M0E Lnx wrote:
> I'm unable to send the project because setting up a testing
> environment for this thing is a little complicated, but I'll try to
> explain it a little better
>
> My project is made up of several applications.
> One of them is a main wrapper for all others (This one is called vasmCC)
> In vasmCC, I have an embedder icon that will bring in the other parts
> of the application.
>
> I like to think of the other components as "modules" to the main GUI.
> These modules are smaller components designed to accomplish simple
> tasks. Normally consist of one form, couple of modules and classes. So
> these are child applications that embed into the main gui (vasmCC) via
> it's embedder object.
>
> The problem occurss when one of these child applications uses more
> than one form. When I try to switch forms, the embedded (child)
> application stalls. The Embedder area goes blank and the embedder (on
> vasmCC) does not receive the close signal which means I guess that the
> child application is still running, but the next form never showed up.

If the main form of an application B is embedded into an Embedder control of
an application A, this form cannot be switched.

Anyway, why did you design your application that way? You can put everything
(the main panel and all modules) in the same project.

--
Benoit Minisini