[Gambas-user] QT DateChooser displays blank calendar

Richard richard.j.walker at ...247...
Mon Jan 28 02:14:48 CET 2008

On Sunday 27 January 2008 22:29:34 Benoit Minisini wrote:
> On dimanche 27 janvier 2008, Richard wrote:

> > > Mmm no, the revision 1040 is better. :-)
> >
> > Benoit,
> > Is there a way I can apply the fix to the 2.0.0 sources? I have not been
> > able to get any of the svn versions to compile since the first I tried;
> > 1038. Seems to be a problem with a library you are using which I don't
> > have on any of my Mandriva 2007 or 2008 machines. I think it is the
> > library associated with ffi.h in the gbx3 sources.
> >
> > regards
> >
> > Richard
> >
> > PS. I would rather repair/update my five existing v2.0.0 installations
> > than set out on a new path through uncharted waters following the version
> > 3 stuff.
>
> 'urpmi libffi-devel' should do the trick.
>
> Rev. 1038 is not a 2.0.0 version, but a 3.0.0 one. You must checkout
> the /branches/2.0 part of the svn tree to get the 2.0 development version.
>
> Regards,
Thanks for the libffi info. I did go looking for it and I cannot imagine how I
overlooked such an obvious method of fetching it. Ah well.

I grabbed a copy of the 1041 revision and eventually tracked down your fix for
the QT DateChooser problem. I am glad I don't have to use the v3 development
series. I can easily copy the rebuilt gb.qt library to the other 2008.0
machines and it isn't too much trouble to rebuild it one more time for the
two 2007.0 installations.

You said I should "checkout the /branches/2.0 part of the svn tree to get the
2.0 development version". I am not sure how to find that, but I'll have a
proper look tomorrow evening. Do I take it that your fix for the DrawingArea
control is there too now?

regards

Richard