[Gambas-user] Database Manager useage

ron ronstk at ...239...
Sun Jan 20 15:48:38 CET 2008

On Sunday 20 January 2008 14:34, Peterdatkins wrote:

> Thanks for the explaination Ron.
>
> I have installed mysql-server 5.0.32-7etch4 and mysql-client-5.0.32-7etch4.
> I find that I can use the database example to connect to the mysql 'test'
> database.
> I use :
> WITH $hConn
>     .Type = cmbType.Text
>     .Host = txtHost.Text
>     .Login = "root"       'txtUser.Text
>     .Password = ""       'txtPassword.Text
>     .Name = ""
>   END WITH
> where :
> .type = 'mysql'
> .host can be either nothing or 'localhost'
> .login = 'root'
> .password =
> .name = 'test'
> The above all works ok, so why doesnt the manager show me an available mysql
> server?
>
> Peter

Not clear you had installed before or did it after my reply.

I do understand you can use the mysql server now from inside your code.
and you are unable to add 'New Server' to the datbase manager.

If I start gb-db-manager i geve the code 12345678
Then select in the menu use 'Scan datbase servers' and get in the
left tree 2 servers on my box, mysql and sqllite.

Did you start the mysql server?
for quick test you can use '/etc/init.d/mysql status' in a root terminal.
'/etc/init.d/mysql start' wil start the server.
After shutdown of the box you need to do it again.

Exact method to start it automagic depends on your distibution.

Ron