[Gambas-user] Database Manager useage

Peterdatkins peterdatkins at ...1073...
Sun Jan 20 14:34:48 CET 2008

Thanks for the explaination Ron.

I have installed mysql-server 5.0.32-7etch4 and mysql-client-5.0.32-7etch4.
I find that I can use the database example to connect to the mysql 'test'
database.
I use :
WITH $hConn
    .Type = cmbType.Text
    .Host = txtHost.Text
    .Login = "root"       'txtUser.Text
    .Password = ""       'txtPassword.Text
    .Name = ""
  END WITH
where :
.type = 'mysql'
.host can be either nothing or 'localhost'
.login = 'root'
.password =
.name = 'test'
The above all works ok, so why doesnt the manager show me an available mysql
server?

Peter